Dates and Registration
May 21–June 16, 2024
During your three weeks in Porto Alegre - Southern Brazil, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the team of missionaries serving here. Our desire is to invest in you while giving you a taste of what cross-cultural missions is like.
We live in uncertain times, with the task of evangelization and mission in Brazil unfinished, especially in the South. More and more Christians have separated their spiritual life from their daily life, not living God's sending and Mission from Monday to Saturday. We are working to stand in the gap - leaders between the ages of 25 and 40 have disappeared - as churches are suffering stagnation and clear decline, leading to problems of maintenance and continuity.
We are planting a church in Porto Alegre that challenges and accompanies young people in Brazil who want to live a missional life by continuously investing through personal evangelism, discipleship, small groups, etc.
It is neither Rome nor Dubai, but it is the last capital in the south of Brazil, before Uruguay and Argentina. It's the last also in terms of evangelical presence, presence of churches, and presence of people committed to Jesus. A capital that mixes modernity and prosperity, history and poverty, as well as revolutionary and progressive ideas permeated by French philosophy and santería religion. On this ground, we are serving and dreaming of a Sending Center Church. Welcome!
If you want to make a difference in people's lives, experience a vibrant culture, a city with endless possibilities for service and a happy team who love doing what they do and have fun while serving God with responsibility and zeal, this is the place for you
Our prayer is that this trip will not only help you grow in your faith, but that it will also help you to serve in God’s kingdom wherever the Lord takes you. Come be a part of what God is doing in Porto Alegre!
How you’ll serve
- Gospel influence - This state and city is in great need of the presence of the true gospel. The local team seeks to reach young people of the corresponding age, through sport, life and outdoor activities. The ministry here is at the beginning, which gives everything more flexibility and adaptability, and increases the team's participation and autonomy.
- Community involvement - teach English, play with the children, play sports: Basketball, Jiu Jitsu, football, volleyball with the aim of evangelism, serve in social projects
- Participate in local ministries - Witnessing, Bible study, discipleship, street evangelism, visitation, participate in small groups
You will most likely be housed at a local hotel or AirBnB.
- May 21-24 – Apex Orientation in Chicago, Illinois
- May 25-26 – Arrive in Porto Alegre
- June 14-16 – Return home
$100 application fee due when you submit your application.*
$1000 due April 1st.
Full trip cost due May 15, 2024.
*The fee will be put toward your trip and returned if not accepted.