Ministry in Greece starts with building open, personal relationships. The common refrain of “a person will not care how much you know until they know how much you care” has great validity in Greece. Bonds of acquaintance and friendship require time and commitment, but the fruit is rich, deep, and potentially lasting. In 2021, the team will focus in two neighborhood areas: one in Kypseli, which is more in central Athens, and in Glyfada, a suburban city to the south of Athens. Evangelical churches, one in each neighborhood, have distinctive character and ministry opportunities. You will have the opportunity to reach out in both locations.
How You’ll Serve
- First, personal development – a major component of life for a career missionary is personal development, i.e., growing in spiritual depth, emotional resilience, relational dynamics, and physical health as God’s grace brings growth and transformation as a disciple. The life of an APEX team member will walk down that path also.
- Second, practical engagement – ministry activities will potentially include neighborhood outreach and relationship building, children’s camp, English camp, neighborhood work projects, migrant assistance, and other options.
- Third, theological foundation building – you will be instructed and “tested” in your Biblical understanding and convictions – Does what you always believed really apply in the real world of ministry? Is your understanding of God’s grace and the transformational power and freedom of the Gospel what controls your relationship with Christ, or is it something else?
- Finally, missionary service is often a deep learning experience, directed by the Holy Spirit as He knows exactly what is needed for your development and growth. This component is not able to be defined until after the Spirit has already brought the growth and transformation in your life which He seeks.
In 2021, housing will be in the suburban city of Glyfada. Ministry will occur in both Glyfada and Kypseli, but closer proximity in living location to Larry and Jill’s home will facilitate better integration and teamwork. A number of apartments or long-term AirBnb options will be considered.
What’s included in the price:
- On-site ground transportation
- Most ministry expenses
- Orientation and Debrief
- Travel Agent
- Apex Shirt (we knew you were wondering!)
Not included in the price:
- Visa fees
- Passport fees
- Plane Tickets
$550 non-refundable deposit is due April 15, 2021. (This is not an additional fee, just the first $550 of your trip.)
Full trip cost is due June 1, 2021.