To engage the next generation, our team teaches English and religion classes at several local high schools. In the mornings Apex students will join them in sharing at one of three local high schools. This includes not only English and religion, but also topics related to community health like water hygiene. After school our team seek to build relationships through soccer training, volleyball, and other outlets. Whatever your skills and passions, we can probably be used in some way to engage with Yanesha youth in order to reach this next generation! These efforts seek to engage, disciple and build a strong core of young believers…the future for the youth in these communities. The vision of the team is to see an indigenous movement of healthy churches resulting in Gospel transformation in the next generation, for the glory of God in the central Amazon jungle of Peru. Come join us in Peru!
How You’ll Serve
- Teaching English in high schools -super simple but fun classes in 3 Yanesha high schools, and possibly elementary schools too, to connect with the kids so we can see them outside of school too.
- Sharing in Religion Class - we’ll share testimonies, the Gospel in different ways, and youth-group Bible studies in same three schools.
- VBS - We’ll have some focused time with children while adults are in a training event…so the team will help put together games, lessons, and fun for Yanesha kids, to share the Lord with them, and also help their parents focus on their training.
- Other events - after school soccer, volleyball, crafts? Maybe even a lock-in!?! Having fun, building relationships, and sharing Jesus with the students as part of our long term vision.
If the group is more than 2 people: In San Ramon (3 nights)-in a 3-star hotel close to our house, with one of our leaders staying there too. There’s hot water, fans, basic internet, etc. If just 2 people: they can stay in house of someone on our team. We all have hot water and internet too.
In Iscozacin (2 wks) we stay in the Albergue Celestial. All the rooms have 2 twin beds there, sheets, one hard pillow, one small towel, nice big bathrooms, and no hot water (but it’s the jungle! You want a cold shower!). No bed lamps either, just a central light. We will all stay on the same floors, in rooms next to each other. We can wash clothes while we’re there too.
What’s included in the price:
- On-site ground transportation
- Most ministry expenses
- Orientation and Debrief
- Travel Agent
- Apex Shirt (we knew you were wondering!)
Not included in the price:
- Visa fees
- Passport fees
- Plane Tickets
$400 Non-refundable deposit is due March 20, 2021.
(This is not an additional fee, just the first $400 of your trip.)
Full trip cost is due May 5, 2021.