When do applications close?
3 week trip applications close March 5, 2021
6 week trip applications close April 1, 2021
Is there a difference between 3-week trips and 6-week trips?
No, there is not a huge difference between the trips, the main difference is length. Both will be growing experiences and will provide opportunities to serve and to learn about ministry in that city.
The 3-week trips are at the beginning of the summer and are great for those who need to work during the summer but still desire to have a missions experience.
The 6-week trips are great for those who desire to get a longer exposure and deeper involvement at the site.
How do I pay for my trip?
We encourage Apex students to raise the support for the trip, however it is not required. Support raising is great preparation for your trip! There will be many moments on your trip that will be out of your control that you will need to trust God for, and support raising is great preparation for that exact act of trust. We are here to support you and answer any questions along the way. Each year we are amazed at how God provides for each student!
How are plane tickets purchased?
Each team’s flights to and from the mission site will be organized and purchased through a travel agent. The price of the plane ticket is not included in the trip cost. Often students will pay for the plane ticket out of pocket and once they’ve raised the full trip cost any amount they support raise above that goes toward reimbursing the plane ticket.
What is the application process like?
Once a student submits their application, we connect with their references, then do a phone interview with the student to get to know them better, there is a background check and an acceptance agreement to be completed before the official acceptance decision is made.
What expenses are not covered in my trip cost?
- Passport fees
- Cost of plane tickets (though we help you with the logistics of purchasing them)
- Travel visas
Can I get college credit?
While the trips do not automatically come with college credit, we are happy to work with you to get credit through your university.
Do I have to be in college to go on a trip?
No, you do not have to be a current student for any of our college age trips. They are designed for 18-24 year old’s, however we will make exceptions so reach out to us and we can talk through your unique situation.
What happens when I arrive?
You will arrive in Minneapolis, MN (subject to change) for a 1-2 day orientation where you will meet your team, receive training, and prepare to depart for your trip!You will fly to your summer site with your team, where the site leaders will be there to welcome you.
After spending 3-weeks or 6-weeks on the ground you will return to Minneapolis, MN for a day of debrief, then you are free to return home.
Who does Apex partner with?
Apex is the student missions organization for the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA). The EFCA has a missions organization called ReachGlobal, who have over 500 missionaries in over 50 different cities around the globe. Our Apex students spend their summer with long-term ReachGlobal missionaries at ReachGlobal Sites.
What is the cancelation policy?
If a student chooses to cancel a trip for any reason:
- The non-refundable deposit will not be held for the student.
- Any additional funds the student has raised (minus the non-refundable deposit) will be held for the student for up to one year to use on a future Apex or ReachGlobal trip.
- If the student choose to cancel a trip after the site has put money down to hold housing or other logistics, the student will be responsible for compensation for these expenses either out of their raised funds or out of pocket.
- The student has the option of going to a different site that summer.
- If the student declines the option of going to a different site that summer, their support will be held for that student to go on a future Apex or ReachGlobal trip.
- If the student does not attend a ReachGlobal or Apex trip within that year of the canceled trip they are choosing to back out of a trip and the funds will be treated as though the student canceled.
- All funds are able to held for a year or be reimbursed to respective donors, if given in same fiscal year
What if I have more questions?
For additional questions or information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.