South Jersey, NJ, USA
About South Jersey
The southern portion of the state of New Jersey, which we will refer to as South Jersey, is generally considered to be part of the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. The city of Camden, located across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, has historically been considered the economic hub of South Jersey.
The church partner we serve with is in the Borough of Lindenwold (German for "linden woods"). Located 15 miles outside of Camden, NJ and 30 min from downtown Philadelphia, Lindenwold has over 17,000 people in the borough with great diversity of cultural backgrounds,
Meet Our Partner
Commitment Community Church sees themselves as "A Place for All Nations" They are committed to REACHING all nations with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, EQUIPPING God’s people to serve, while TRANSFORMING their communities and their world.
How You'll Serve
This urban experience in South Jersey will expose you to diverse approaches to ministry and introduce you to a church where its pastors and leaders are transforming the community of Lindenwold and the surrounding area with the gospel in fresh ways. Your team will be trained to enter people’s communities and lives with a heart of service and willingness to learn. Teams will bring the good news of the gospel to the people of Lindenwold and Camden by demonstrating Christ’s love, which opens the door for the lost to find their place in God’s eternal story.Various Service Options may include:
- Local Outreach — Serve local ministries and other outreach opportunities to learn about the needs of people living in this diverse urban location.
- Build Relationships — Serve with Commitment church as they mentor and connect with area youth as well as engage in gospel conversations along with games onsite.
- Camden Housing Authority/YouthBuild — Partner with Commitment Church and the Camden Housing Authority as the reach out into the struggles found within the Housing projects throughout South Jersey.
- Focused Prayerwalks — Walk along culturally diverse locations taking in the sights and sounds to better understand how to pray for the people there.
This trip requires your team to plan ahead with pre-trip training materials provided by Apex.
Commitment Community Church
2 Berlin Rd S
Lindenwold, NJ 08021
This church provides groups the space to have separate areas for boys and girls to sleep as well as a designated meeting areas for meals and group times. Groups will launch out from here to partner with ministries throughout South Jersey.
- 9:00am Arrival — Plan to attend Sunday Worship with your host church.
- 12:00pm–2:00pm — Check-in & Lunch
- 3:00pm — Welcome & Orientation
- 5:30–7:00pm — Dinner
- 7:00–8:00pm — Ministry Prep Time
- 8:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am — Wake-up & Breakfast
- 8:00am — Devotional Time
- 9:00am-4:00pm — Ministry Off-Site with packed Lunch
- 5:00–6:00pm — Dinner (could be back at host church or local cuisine)
- 6:30–7:30pm — Engage community (e.g. prayer walks, engage families in local park or take in culture at local dessert shop)
- 8:00–10:00pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 8:00pm — Sending Huddle
- 9:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 11:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am–9:00am — Breakfast, Reset sleeping areas & Depart for home
- Room and board
- Pre-trip training materials
- On-site ministry costs
- Some ministry supplies