Meet Our Missionaries
The Madrid ReachGlobal team is about glorifying God through multiplying transformational disciples and churches through authentically and vulnerably sharing the Gospel of God's grace and mercy to the bruised and broken of Madrid. Sam, Jill and Grace are falling in love with Jesus and in turn, developing, empowering and releasing nationals, missionaries and especially young people in their twenties through building grace-filled relationship to live life as missional followers of Jesus Christ.
Embrace the outdoors and the beautiful landscape Spain offers, all while enjoying a grand hike on the Camino de Santiago (St. James Way). This is a true spiritual pilgrimage where you will physically cross paths with many travelers searching for meaning, purpose, who they are and maybe God. This mission trip is unlike any other. If you are looking for a unique, challenging and fulfilling next steps to life's future spiritual journey, this is the trip for you!
Our Madrid team focus is on grace-filled transformational disciple making and church planting, with a heart for evangelism and discipleship. Our current focus is coming alongside and equipping and multiplying leaders in smaller relational discipleship communities. It is important work with the local church and serve them especially in the area of spiritual and emotional health. The Lord has graced us with the opportunity to collaborate with the Roma (gypsies), where one of the greatest church planting movements in Europe's last century is taking place.
You will embark on the St. James Way, hiked by over 300,000 annually, seeking a break from the routine of busy lives and personal growth via this religious pilgrimage. Covering 470 mile in four weeks, you will walk alongside ReachGlobal staff who will guide you through northern Spain. You will get the full experience of a “Camino” hiker: carrying everything on your back, being unplugged, eating and sleeping in hostels with other travelers, and embarking on this spiritual journey as a microcosm of life’s spiritual journey. The focus of this trip, is discovering how you play an important role in God’s redemptive love story while walking with other hikers, engaging in intentional spiritual conversations. This hike will provide time for you to learn more about God, yourself, evangelism and discipleship. Not only is this a great opportunity for you to grow in your relationship with the Lord Jesus, but also learn to relate and love others around you. A few weeks into the trip, if our schedule permits, you may suspend your travels and serve in a hostel for one week, having the opportunity to care for and serve other travelers and once again, engage in spiritual conversations. You will then finish the trip and travel back to Madrid for the last days of your mission trip.
During your time in Madrid, Spain’s capital, we will introduce you to various cultures, communities and compassion/justice ministries. Some of these will include Spanish, Arabic, as time allows, other immigrant communities, plus the wildly exciting Roma (Gypsy) church. Here, you will have the chance to learn how the local missionaries are reaching out and loving all these groups.
This trip will be physically intense. Being in good physical, spiritual and mental health is essential as you will have to walk 12 - 18 miles a day. We encourage you to pray about if this is a good fit for you. We are thoroughly thrilled to host you and physically walk on this journey, God’s journey, with you!
How You’ll Serve
- Grace-filled Disciple making & Evangelism as a way of life on your spiritual journey while walking with God and the Apex team on the 400+mile Camino de Santiago
- Making disciples through whole-hearted living:
- Learning to live loved by God and in turn love Him
- Love others as yourself, traveling and working as a team to love others on the way
- Gain tools for personal transformation, practicing on self, discovering more about self, your own story and how you fit in History (God's story)
- Exposure to Urban Ministry in Madrid - After the St. James Way, using these skills learned for :
- Friendship Evangelism by engaging conversations, primarily listening, asking good questions and the art of affirmation
- Communicating stories including your Gospel stories
- Outreach English primarily through conversation
- Given tools and opportunities to lead evangelistic/disciple reproducing Bible studies
- Gain a heart for cross-cultural & compassion ministries, keys to living missionally stateside and overseas
- On-site ground transportation
- Most ministry expenses
- Orientation and Debrief
- Travel Agent
- Apex Shirt (we knew you were wondering!)
- Visa fees
- Passport fees
- Plane Tickets
Hostel while on the Camino, and in an AirBnB, hotel or host family while in Madrid
What’s included in the price:
Not included in the price:
$550 non-refundable deposit is due April 15, 2021. (This is not an additional fee, just the first $550 of your trip.)
Full trip cost is due June 1, 2021.