Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico’s capitol is nothing short of overwhelming. With over 21 million people calling Mexico City home, it is one of the largest cities in the world and a strategic center of cultural, economic and religious influence throughout Latin America. Its size and strategic influence mean that there is no shortage of need and opportunity for ministry in the city.
Meet Our Missionaries
We have a city team of seven, all with different areas of ministry and passions. Our team’s main focus is church planting and serving existing local churches. It is crucial for us to serve in local churches because the job of the global church (evangelism, discipleship, missions) all flows out of the work of the local church. We approach ministry with a rhythm of life that allows us to live missionally where we are, rather than providing large amounts of events or programming. We feel strongly that our role is to help equip and support Mexican leaders, wanting them to provide the primary leadership for greatest long-term impact. We have six main ministry priorities that we work toward in all we do:
- Church Planting
- Leadership Development
- Holistic Ministry
- Gospel Partnerships
Joshua & Naomi: Leading the Team, Church Planting, Training/Coaching Church Leaders, Evangelism, Discipleship.
Marilyn: Caring for Women in Need, Evangelism, Discipleship
Luke & Sarah: Church Planting, Encouraging/Developing Church Leaders, Worship Ministry, Evangelism, Discipleship
Jared: Encouraging/Developing Church Leaders, Coaching/Training Young Missionaries, Evangelism, Discipleship
Betsy: Ministry to Immigrants in the City, Evangelism, Discipleship
Any majors, passions, or interests are welcome. We desire to see students who have the personal initiative, spiritual maturity, willingness to grow and openness to new serving experiences that will enable them to grow in and help share the gospel with the people of Mexico City! We desire to invest in you and share what long term, gospel-centered living can look like. We focus on how the gospel applies to all aspects of life and aim to help you see how the gospel creates life rhythms for us to walk in. This will not only help you grow in your faith, but it will also help you to serve in God’s kingdom wherever the Lord takes you. So please come! Come see and be a part of what God is doing in Mexico City!
How You’ll Serve
- English Conversation Outreach ~ to engage the community of a church plant in the city, we will serve in their community center 2-3 times per week by providing students of the English language opportunities to converse with native speakers
- Serving Immigrants of the City ~ to help reach the immigrants of Mexico City, we will serve once a week at a refuge for immigrants
- Church Planting ~ to learn from and encourage the believers of a church plant in the city, we will attend the church on Sundays and a community group during the week in order to fellowship and build relationship
- Learning ~ there will be a variety of learning opportunities that the ReachGlobal Mexico City team will have prepared for us each week. Examples: Immigration and the Bible; Spanish lessons; Trips around the City to Learn about Mexican Culture, History, and Food, etc.
- On-site ground transportation
- Most ministry expenses
- Orientation and Debrief
- Travel Agent
- Apex Shirt (we knew you were wondering!)
- Visa fees
- Passport fees
- Plane Tickets
Students will stay with a Mexican host family. But don’t worry, Spanish is not required.
What’s included in the price:
Not included in the price:
$400 Non-refundable deposit is due March 20, 2021.
(This is not an additional fee, just the first $400 of your trip.)
Full trip cost is due May 5, 2021.