Miami, Florida, USA
The Magic City
The Miami metropolitan area is a major port city on the Atlantic Coast. With a population of more than 5.5 million people, it is ranked seventh largest in the United States, and is the largest metropolitan area in the southeastern United States.
Miami enjoys a vibrant culture that is influenced by a diverse population from all around the world. The city is a minority-majority, in that the Latino population in Miami accounts for 70% of its total population. As of 2016, a total of 73% of Miami's population, ages five and over, spoke a language other than English at home. Of this 73%, 64.5% of the population only spoke Spanish at home while 21.1% of the population spoke English at home.
Meet Our Partner
Ministering to families in the True Vine Christian Church and Kidz XL community is a high priority. This community, located on the border of the Westchester/Olympia Heights, has a population of over 100,000 people within a 3-mile radius of the church. 80% of the homes in these communities speak Spanish as the primary language. Academic enrichment, Bible study, worship and play are ministry cornerstones. The goal of this Apex experience is that participants learn to lead and serve in a diverse community.
How You'll Serve
This trip will require your team to plan ahead with pre-trip training materials provided by Apex.
True Vine Christian Church
3801 SW 97th Ave
Miami, FL 33165
- 9:00am Arrival — Plan to attend Sunday Worship with your host church.
- 12:00pm–2:00pm — Check-in & Lunch
- 3:00pm — Welcome & Orientation
- 5:30–7:00pm — Dinner
- 7:00–8:00pm — Ministry Prep Time
- 8:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am — Wake-up & Breakfast
- 8:00am — Devotional Time
- 9:00am — Camp Ministry On-Site
- 2:30pm — Local Ministry Off-Site
- 5:00–6:00pm — Dinner
- 6:30–7:30pm — Engage community (e.g. prayer walks, engage families in local park or take in culture at local dessert shop)
- 8:00–10:00pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 8:00pm — Sending Huddle
- 9:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 11:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am–9:00am — Breakfast, Reset sleeping areas & Depart for home
- Room and board
- Pre-trip training materials
- On-site ministry costs
- Some ministry supplies
June 20th - June 25th
- Less than a week
- $375.00 + Travel (per person)
- Trip Full Have a question?