Washington, D.C., USA
About Washington, D.C.
Monuments, memorials and eclectic neighborhoods make DC a unique city for exploration.
The demographics of the District of Columbia are ethnically diverse in the cosmopolitan federal district. D.C. is home to people of more than 170 nationalities and ethnic groups, making it one of the most diverse cities in the United States.
Washington D.C. is extremely transient, young and one of the most diverse cities in the U.S. Political, cultural, and social differences bring challenges, but also afford incredible ministry opportunities where the gospel can transcend those differences in a beautiful display of God’s heart for all people.
Meet Our Partner
Redemption Hill Church started with a handful of passionate people sent by Cornerstone EFC in Annandale, VA. Just blocks from the U.S. Capitol building RHC is committed to gathering and scattering.It gathers on Sunday and scatters as gospel influence the rest of the week throughout the D.C. metro area. Community Groups work together to find and seize opportunities to make a difference and to make disciples for Jesus. Both churches are deeply committed to ministering in the communities God has placed them.
How You'll Serve
Our hope is that this urban experience will expose you to diverse approaches to ministry and will introduce you to churches and local leaders who are transforming their communities with the gospel in fresh ways.
- Local Outreach — Serve local food bank packaging meals and other outreach opportunities to learn about the needs of people living in urban food deserts.
- Mentor & Tutor — Volunteer with local ministry who mentors and tutors elementary school students as well as hosts bible lessons & games onsite.
- Visit Capitol Building — Tour the U.S. Capitol, home to the U.S. Congress and the seat of the legislative branch of the U.S. federal government. Learn specific ways to pray for our country from Capitol Hill staff who are believers and work here.
This trip requires your team to plan ahead with pre-trip training materials provided by Apex.
Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church
3901 Gallows Road
Annandale, VA 22003
- 9:00am Arrival — Plan to attend Sunday Worship with your host church.
- 12:00pm–2:00pm — Check-in & Lunch
- 3:00pm — Welcome & Orientation
- 5:30–7:00pm — Dinner
- 7:00–8:00pm — Ministry Prep Time
- 8:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am — Wake-up & Breakfast
- 8:00am — Devotional Time
- 9:00am — Camp Ministry On-Site
- 2:30pm — Local Ministry Off-Site
- 5:00–6:00pm — Dinner
- 6:30–7:30pm — Engage community (e.g. prayer walks, engage families in local park or take in culture at local dessert shop)
- 8:00–10:00pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 8:00pm — Sending Huddle
- 9:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 11:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am–9:00am — Breakfast, Reset sleeping areas & Depart for home
- Room and board
- Pre-trip training materials
- On-site ministry costs
- Some ministry supplies
July 4th - July 9th
- Less than a week
- $350.00 + Travel (per person)
- Trip Full Have a question?