Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nicknamed “Charm City,” Baltimore City is a city of many U.S. firsts: the first post office system in 1774, the first telegraph line, the first commercial/passenger railroad (B&O), the first professional sports organization – The Maryland Jockey Club. The Star-Spangled Banner was written here. Babe Ruth was born and raised here. Adding to its place in history, in the 19th century, Baltimore was the second largest port city for incoming immigrants to America.
Meet Our Partner
Stillmeadow is a community church located in the Westgate Community of Baltimore. Their mission is to help one another in every aspect of life. “Through Christ, our goal is to improve the quality of life for each and every member. And thereby impact our community by sustained kindness, thoughtfulness and creative helpfulness.”
They continue to develop ministries that support the well-being of their neighbors. Its most recent initiative focuses on the spiritual and emotional needs of the community with the development of Stillmeadow Peace Park, a bible-centered meditation and retreat space on 10 acres of land adjacent to the church.
How You'll Serve
The main focus of ministry during the week will be leading a kid’s summer camp. There will also be opportunities to work and pray in the Peace Park and distribute food to local elderly neighbors. Not only are you learning about the community from the people serving and living there, you will also be engaging in daily training in personal evangelism. You will be going home with training and tools that will help you be gospel influence the rest of the year. Even though the days are full, we do create time for daily team devotional and debrief giving you time to connect with each other and to discuss what you are learning and how it translates to personal context at home.
- Peace Park — Groups will clear trails, plant foliage, build meditation stations in the park.
- Food Distribution — Each week the church distributes food to their neighbors. This is an excellent way for your team to meet the surrounding community and share the love of Christ.
- Maryland Food Bank — Serve local food bank packaging meals and learn about the needs of people living in urban food deserts.
- Beautification Projects — Partner with a local nonprofit whose mission is to transform vacant and unmanaged lots into safe and attractive spaces for kids and families to play, create and enjoy.
Stillmeadow Community Church
5110 Frederick Avenue
Baltimore MD, 21229
- 9:00am Arrival — Plan to attend Sunday Worship with your host church.
- 12:00pm–2:00pm — Check-in & Lunch
- 3:00pm — Welcome & Orientation
- 5:30–7:00pm — Dinner
- 7:00–8:00pm — Ministry Prep Time
- 8:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am — Wake-up & Breakfast
- 8:00am — Devotional Time
- 9:00am — Camp Ministry On-Site
- 2:30pm — Local Ministry Off-Site
- 5:00–6:00pm — Dinner
- 6:30–7:30pm — Engage community (e.g. prayer walks, engage families in local park or take in culture at local dessert shop)
- 8:00–10:00pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 10:30pm — Lights Out
- 8:00pm — Sending Huddle
- 9:30pm — Team Time & Daily Debrief
- 11:30pm — Lights Out
- 7:00am–9:00am — Breakfast, Reset sleeping areas & Depart for home
- Room and board
- Pre-trip training materials
- On-site ministry costs
- Some ministry supplies
July 4th - July 9th
- Less than a week
- $350.00 + Travel (per person)
- Trip Full Have a question?